Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Three Jameses

Three Jameses

Is having three Jameses in one small group too many? DH and I love James and plan on naming a second son James, Alex (DH's best friend and the one who will be our children's godfather) is naming his first son James, and then our friend Kellsye, wants to have his son be James as well.
    I doubt Kellsey's James would be seen too often even though we'd hear about him a lot. I'm more worried about how odd it would be to have godbrothers with the same name.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I think it's fine. James is such a beautiful, classic name so having 3 in proximity won't seem out of place. This is coming from someone who has William for a dad, maternal grandfather, maternal uncle and brother.

Good luck!

Thanks. 90% of my paternal male relatives are Robert and my future BIL and his family are all Roberts. Hopefully its not too bad.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I think it is perfectly fine when dealing with a classic like James.

I think that since the name James is already so common that it won't be particularly weird. And since these James are all still hypothetical that it might change. Maybe one friend will only end up with daughters, or maybe one will change his mind and find a new name! I'd say that if it's a name you love, and if having three boys with the same name in a close group wouldn't bother you, then go for it. James is a very handsome name.
    Sylvie | Ronan | Genevieve | August
    [formerly nj003]