Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_anton_yelchin1990 View Post
    I was hoping for a "Frederick".

Ah well.

The flow is nice, but George is such a boring choice imo.
    Me too! I would have loved a little Prince Frederick! Prince Arthur would have been darling too.

I am a little disappointed that they went with the expected, slightly boring choice. George is a strong classic name, but I was hoping they might go slightly out of the box. Maybe they'll be a bit more daring with their second child.
    mother to Louisa (born 11/22/2010) and Frederik (born 2/19/2013)

I'm actually surprised at how many berries are disappointed with the name. I think George is a nice, strong choice and George Alexander Louis has a nice ring to it. I'd take George any day over all the other crazy celebrity baby names we hear these days.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    (updated 1/24/15)
    ~
    Reconstructing with the help of a loving boyfriend
    ~
    ♀ ~ Alice ~ Astrid ~ Aurora ~

♂ ~ Axel ~ Jack ~ Ronan ~

☺ ~ Coming Soon ~

Quote Originally Posted by seazuno86 View Post
    I think they picked a handsome name!
    I agree! A very fine name.
    Names I admire but can't necessarily use myself: Adela, Berthe, Beryl, Calliope, Celeste, Cleo, Grete, Guinevere, Isadora, Lilac, Lisette, Lucienne, Maelle, Marilla, Marisol, Melina, Ottoline, Pascale, Sibyl, Zara, Zinnia. Boys: Alasdair, Alcott, Anders, Augustine, Barnaby, Evander, Felix, Gilbert, Graham, Hugo, Julian, Kyrill, Leif, Lev, Malcolm, Maxfield, Morgan, Montgomery, Orion, Orlando, Rhys, Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by tay2thestars View Post
    I'm actually surprised at how many berries are disappointed with the name. I think George is a nice, strong choice and George Alexander Louis has a nice ring to it. I'd take George any day over all the other crazy celebrity baby names we hear these days.
    Yeah, I'm surprised too! It's a really lovely name and very refreshing in the royal family- the last Prince George was born 111 years ago! There are other names I'd have liked to see used but I'm not at all disappointed with the lovely George!

I think... well i gotta admit, I find George a bit boring. I know its a traditional name for the British monarchy and it honours his great grandfather, but I was hoping that they'd live up to the whole "Will and Kate are non-traditional"-hype and go for something like Arthur.

Frederick was probably never going to happen because of the Danish crown Prince Frederick :P