Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    If you have another child, you'll fit Grace in there. Let a million other people in the world stick Grace somewhere in their child's name. No one else on the planet is going to have a lovely Caroline Augusta Jane. Messing with perfection is folly.

I would stick with Caroline. And while you can't picture a "baby" Caroline, she'll only be a baby for a verrrrrry short period of time. (As you are well aware!) Ask yourself if you can picture a teenage Caroline, an adult Caroline, etc. While Grace is lovely, I've noticed on several name forums that some - not all, of course, but some - girls named Grace tend to complain that they aren't exactly "graceful" and that the name has been something of a burden. (Grace Kelly obviously did NOT have that problem, ha.)

Oh and don't forget: Grace Kelly named her first daughter Caroline! So there you go, decision made.

I love both choices. Just make sure it is really what you and your husband really want. Don't let the family dictate your decision. Caroline and Grace are both beautiful.

I don't tend to like hyphenated names, and something about Grace-Caroline seems off to me. Grace Caroline, as two first names, simply minus the hyphen, looks fine to me. Better yet is Caroline Grace (and I prefer Grace to Caroline, but they're both nice), because I think it flows better, at least to my ear. Same principle as a hyphenated name, but I just think it looks better on paper. I just don't like how hyphenated names look written down, even if it's less confusing to strangers. That said, I know a few people with hyphenated names and a LOT of people who simply have 'two first names', like Grace Caroline, and the second group doesn't seem to have any more issue than the first one.

Must say, I love Grace Augusta Caroline, as has been suggested. It's great. It might even be better than Caroline Augusta Jane, because while the latter is nice, I think the former has more presence.