Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ack! Those 5 little letters ate still driving me NUTS!

GRACE..... I just can not let it go...... Now I am wondering if it wouldn't be best just to use
    Grace-Caroline?? I know hyphens aren't a popular thing here, but several of my girls have hyphenated first names.... I just don't know.... And I am starting to worry that I may regret not using Grace as a first name ( and giving hubby his Gracie) despite my concerns with the name Grace....

I know in my head Caroline Augusta Jane is gorgeous, for me...someone who loves names, it is close to perfection... But, I am just not "feeling" it or in another words I am having a hard time picturing a baby Caroline.....

So do I stick with Caroline and hope my doubts go away ( we do have until Nov) or do I in some way add Grace?? I should mention we have already announced the baby's name as Caroline to family and friends ( would that make a difference to you, if you were me?)...
    Thanks!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Sorry, title should say *are*...
    Thanks for helping me work through this!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

From what I can tell, you really do love Grace. You keep bringing it up and going back to it even after it's been discarded for the umpteenth time. While I personally prefer Caroline, if you aren't "feeling" it (and it seems like you are feeling Grace), it may not be the right choice.

My advice would be to think about it for a bit. You don't have to decide right away. Good luck!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I like hyphenated names, but Grace-Caroline feels a bit clunky to me and doesn't flow off the tongue nicely. Caroline Augusta Jane does sound perfect, but if you're not feeling it and if you and your husband keep going back to the idea of a little Gracie, then I think you should entertain some more Grace ideas. The fact that your family is now expecting a Caroline should not affect your decision; until the birth certificate is signed, the name should be understood to be speculative. Your family will fall head-over-heels with your daughter and her name even if it blindsides them initially. Suggestions:

Gracie-Jane Caroline Augusta
    Janie-Grace Caroline Augusta
    Carrie-Grace Augusta Jane
    Grace Caroline Augusta
    Grace Caroline Jane

Good luck!

Grace Caroline Augusta is on our list... It is important to use Augusta as it is in honor of hubby's grandmother.....