Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I would spell it Lachlan and give her a really girl middle name. I really don't think this name is pretty on a girl. The whole "Lock" sound seems very harsh for a girls name. If you really want the "Lyn" in there then spell it Lachlyn that way its closer to the original male spelling and you don't have the very unattractive word "Lock" in her name
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

I love Lachlan for both boys and girls. Why change the spelling?

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

We had the name on our list for a girl a few years ago. We decided we wanted to spell it the Irish way Lochlan because we felt it would be easier to pronounce with that spelling opposed to using Lachlan. Another Irish version that may seem a little more feminine is Lochlann. We also talked about using the nickname Lo or Lana (pronounced like lanne-uh). Middle names we paired with it were Olivia and Amelia.

I prefer Lachina for a girl. It's the actual feminine version of the name, as opposed to the male form. I agree that changing the spelling cheapens the name. It also doesn't make the name look any more feminine; it looks like you gave your son a creative spelling of the name.

Isn't the actual Irish form Lochlann, not Lochlan?
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly