Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Locklyn or Lachlyn

I'm having a baby girl and we want to name her Locklyn or Lachlyn. Which spelling do you prefer?

I personally prefer the original spelling Lachlan on a boy. If you live in an area that has heavy Irish influence, there will be a lot of gender confusion no matter what spelling you use. If you do love Lachlan on a girl, I'd stick with the original spelling, as the others look made up and youneek (which is not a good thing).
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor heaven "lena" ~ vivienne ailsa ~ felicity emma "fay" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I've seen it spelled Laughlin as well, if you don't like the Lachlan spelling.
    Teenberry - Writer - Singer
    Adela - Alexandra - Claire - Elizabeth - Felicity - Greer - Hallie - Joanna - Katherine - Kenna - Phoebe - Rebekah
    Andrew - Anthony - Brady - Charles - Edward - Griffin - Henry - Ian - Jacob - Jeremy - Matthew - Stephan - Theodore

I agree that these spellings are not the best. Lachlan would be fine on a girl!
    ~Larissa

~ Giving up Nameberry for Lent; See you on the 14th of April! ~

Definitely Lachlan. Changing it to Locklyn or Lachlyn cheapens it somehow.