Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grade me! looking for feedback/opinions on my chlldren's names

Hi all,
    What a lovely site this is!
    I've been readin freakonomics, and found the chapter on baby names a little frek-out-onomic!
    All the discussion about 'low income" names and more "elite' names, black names, white names was very thought provoking, and I wondered how people feel about the names I've chosen for my children.
    They are all family names, but we have a big family, so I could've made other choices! But I did think I'd get more honest opinions from strangers-people who are not afraid of offending me- I won't be offended, the eldest is 11, these names are SET!
    Be Honest please.
    Surname is Pierce.

Eldest Girl- Sinead Mary-Agnes (Sinead was my favourite aunt's name as a child, and her middle names are my husbands and my own mother's names)
    Middle Girl- Maeve Ellen. (Mave being the only non-family name, and Ellen being mine!)
    Youngest (son) Henry James Gerard. We call him Harry though. There's been a harry in the last 3 generations on my mother's side, and again, both grandfathers as his middle names.

What do you think?

We live in Australia, so the girl's names are VERY unusual. People sem to love the name Maeve when they hear it though, I think it'll get more popular. She's 7 though, so she'll miss the Maeve surge!

Thanks for your input!

I think theyre beautiful names and they all are connected through their Irish/British heritage! I personally love Maeve, and I think Sinead is a beautiful choice, especially since its sounds much prettier than its spelled. And I think its great your kids have rarer names since youre in Australia, makes them more unique!

Hmmmm.....without knowing anything about you or your kids, I probably would have assumed you're Irish. And since I would assume you're Irish, I would probably assume you're white. They don't strike me as low-class names or high class names.

I think its a very nice sib-set.

Gorgeous names! I think they are great and that you do not need to worry at all.

Sinead Mary-Agnes , Maeve Ellen, Henry James Gerard (Harry) -

Let's see. I would presume you were Irish/British, at least by heritage. Mary-Agnes for some reason reads Catholic to me (probably all those Mary-something nuns in the hospital when I was young.) Oh yes, and I would wonder how you felt about Sinead O'Connor (but I am an American and don't see the name often.)

That said, the names are meaningful to you and beautiful no matter what. I like them!