Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Well, it depends on where you are.

I've never met a Rupert in my life, but I know it's more popular in Britain. It would definitely be seen as unique and possibly old-fashioned in America, but not completely crazy.

I personally love the name Lyra, but I can see it getting push back from a conservative family. I think it's one of those names that sounds very unfamiliar, but once you meet one it just clicks and sounds lovely.

Matilda is similar to Rupert. It's definitely part of the vintage name trend so I can understand the older generation finding it very unpleasant. Similar to names our generation would find very dated--like Wanda or Stacy.

From your extended list I really like Theo!
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I love your girls names! They are beautiful and go very well together. However, I don't like Rupert.

Boy name suggestions:
    Leander
    Everett
    Soren
    Brighton
    Jonathan
    Jack
    Nolan
    Charles
    Samuel
    Roman
    Alexander
    Timothy
    Aaron
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah

I think they are all very nice choices, you can't really go wrong. Your family get used to it once the baby has arrived
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire . Robin Marie .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery . Edgar Willoughby .

These names aren't too out there at all. Uncommon in the US, maybe, but familiar enough. I thought they were going to be made-up.

I don't think they're too uncommon but I think you'll need to explain how to pronounce and spell Lyra a lot. But they're not so unusual that they're unusable just expect your family to complain for a while then get over it once they can't imagine baby Lyra or Rupert with any other name.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)