86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Annabel Kate (nn Annie)

55 63.95%
  • Anna Charlotte (probably nn Annie)

31 36.05%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anna/Annabel

Quote Originally Posted by maltwin1 View Post
    I voted for Annabel Kate because I live the way it's feminine and classic but not as common as just Anna. Have you considered Ann Charlotte? For some reason Anna seems almost boring, but Ann seems fresh and vintage. Just a thought.
    Wish I could love Ann, but I just can't. I feel like it would make the nickname Annie easier/more natural than naming her Anna. I just don't love it though. Thanks for the suggestion!

I chose Anna Charlotte, but I actually think Annabel Charlotte is so absolutely beautiful - why not go with that?
    This way, she could always call herself Anna Charlotte if she chose to, as could you! I think it has a very elegant and classic feel.
    (I also think Annie is a lovely nickname, btw).

Here are some middle name suggestions too (Although I do love Annabel Charlotte):
    Annabel Laura
    Annabel Hope
    Annabel Mary
    Annabel Pearl
    Annabel Edith
    Annabel Daisy
    Annabel Jane
    Annabel Catherine

Anna Louisa
    Anna Sophia
    Anna Lydia
    Anna Florence
    Anna Abigail
    Anna Olivia
    Anna Lucia
    Anna Amelia
    Anna Magnolia (I just think this is so pretty!)
    Last edited by cherriesue; July 24th, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherriesue View Post
    I chose Anna Charlotte, but I actually think Annabel Charlotte is so absolutely beautiful - why not go with that?
    This way, she could always call herself Anna Charlotte if she chose to, as could you! I think it has a very elegant and classic feel.
    (I also think Annie is a lovely nickname, btw).

Here are some middle name suggestions too (Although I do love Annabel Charlotte):
    Annabel Laura
    Annabel Hope
    Annabel Mary
    Annabel Pearl
    Annabel Edith
    Annabel Daisy
    Annabel Jane
    Annabel Catherine

Anna Louisa
    Anna Sophia
    Anna Lydia
    Anna Florence
    Anna Abigail
    Anna Olivia
    Anna Lucia
    Anna Amelia
    Anna Magnolia (I just think this is so pretty!)
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I do like Anna Sophia and Annabel Charlotte particularly. My problem with using Annabel Charlotte is that our last name is 3 syllables, so I feel like anymore than 1 syllable in the middle (with first name Annabel) may be a mouthful. Also, since Annabel is kind of frilly, I wanted to balance out the "frilliness" a bit. What do you think? Ugh, I just wish I could make up my mind on the first name!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by vml View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I do like Anna Sophia and Annabel Charlotte particularly. My problem with using Annabel Charlotte is that our last name is 3 syllables, so I feel like anymore than 1 syllable in the middle (with first name Annabel) may be a mouthful. Also, since Annabel is kind of frilly, I wanted to balance out the "frilliness" a bit. What do you think? Ugh, I just wish I could make up my mind on the first name!
    In my opinion, longer names are just so beautiful - my own first name is only one syllable, and I would love to have a longer one!
    I think that Annabel Charlotte flows very (VERY!) well, even better than Anna Charlotte, perhaps...
    I don't know your surname, but here are some 3 syllable ones for examples - I think they all sound great, and not too much of a mouthful:

Annabel Charlotte Anderson
    Annabel Charlotte Robinson
    Annabel Charlotte McAndrew
    Annabel Charlotte Callahan
    Annabel Charlotte De Luca
    ...and so on!

Also, remember that she will go by just Annabel/Anna/Annie as her "everyday" name - so it really won't be too long-winded!

As for the frilliness, I think this is a strong, elegant and classic name - absolutely not too frilly!
    And I think most little girls (and big girls!) would adore the name Annabel - and if she doesn't, she can simply say her name is Anna (or Annie). I love these sorts of names, because then you can't lose - you have both a slightly girly name and a more simple name all in one - Annabel and Anna. Wonderful!
    Good luck - I hope I've helped!

We named out daughter Annabelle, she is 18 months and I have never had a moment of name regret. I think its such a beautiful name and I love the options she will have should she choose to shorten it as she gets older. Right now we call her Anna, Bella, and Annabelle about equal amounts of the time. So my opinion is to go with Annabel, you can still call her Anna regularily if you choose