Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me figure out my husband's style!

Usually the only names I find out my husband's reactions to are names that I throw out (that are obviously my own style). But I would really like to find out what his style is, so that I feel like the names of our future children were a joint decision and not just mine.
    Soo the following list is some names that he told me he liked. Please don't take the popularity into account (I asked him to look at the US Top 1000 List and once he got to 400 he decided he was bored haha), I'm looking for strictly style evaluations. Thank you!!

Boys:
    Micah
    Sawyer
    Cayden
    Griffin
    Rowan
    Keaton

Girls:
    Laila
    Kinsley
    Eliza
    Isla
    Aubrie
    Alessandra
    Elsie

I don't think these names are necessarily similar stylistically. It seems like he picked names that he probably perceives as being "different" but not too "out-there". There was a thread not long ago with a quiz to tell you what your naming style is. Maybe you could get him to take it. It wasn't that long.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

I can tell your husband doesn't think about names often, and so his style is very influenced by modern named-kids he meets. However, I do see a few gems in his choices, especially for the girls. I would say mostly modern though.
    I'm Sierra.
    I write poetry.
    I have no life--just my imagination.

Winifred, Faye, Adelheid, Agnes, Anne, Eleanor, Hollis, Arthur, Benedict, Finn

Interesting list! I wish I had any recommendations, but I'm not good at recognising patterns or styles I'll be checking in though to see what others have to say! Good luck

Okay, so I had him take the naming style thing. His highest categories were Modern Unusual and Modern Eccentric. As that is not the same as my style (Classic Eccentric and Classic Conservative), can anyone give me some examples of those types of names?

Also, I don't know if this makes a difference at all, but while he was taking the quiz he told me that he was just picking the names that "looked the coolest."
    Thanks!