Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Aphrodite is a little out there for me, but I LOVE Hazel, and Hazel Aphrodite flows beautifully. The 2-4 syllable counts work very well together.

I love Hazel. Love, love, love it. I didn't have room for it on my list this time around, but there are a lot of names I'm finding I can't fit on my list this time around! Aphrodite I don't really "get" as a name--it just seems so unusual and quite a bit unusable, imo. I can't imagine it working on an actual child, and it seems like a lot to live up to. Then again, I've always been iffy about Greek mythology names in general. Penelope and Daphne are about as out-there as I get, haha. I think Hazel Aphrodite sounds fine, though, and surprisingly, I'm not opposed to it as a combo. I find Hazel really hard to pair up, and while I wouldn't swoon over a Hazel Aphrodite, I wouldn't dislike it, either. I have to say, though, I like Hazel Serafina so much more. I have really grown to like it on your list. Is that still a contender?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

@sunshine.10- That kinds of makes sense lol basically depending on the middle it can push Hazel into a direction. Which all of our Hazel combos push Hazel in a direction toward an old romantic feel. With Hazel Aphrodite it keeps it on the cooler or mysterious side. It is not as warm? Or attractive I'm guessing.

@claireelise- Thank you! I know Aphrodite is not for everyone, and I would never use it as a first name. But in the middle spot I believe you can go wild and that is where you have fun IMO. I am just glad it flows, that is what my main concern was. And if they compliment each other or sound totally stupid.
    Last edited by scarletsway; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    TTC Baby #1

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I love Hazel. Love, love, love it. I didn't have room for it on my list this time around, but there are a lot of names I'm finding I can't fit on my list this time around! Aphrodite I don't really "get" as a name--it just seems so unusual and quite a bit unusable, imo. I can't imagine it working on an actual child, and it seems like a lot to live up to. Then again, I've always been iffy about Greek mythology names in general. Penelope and Daphne are about as out-there as I get, haha. I think Hazel Aphrodite sounds fine, though, and surprisingly, I'm not opposed to it as a combo. I find Hazel really hard to pair up, and while I wouldn't swoon over a Hazel Aphrodite, I wouldn't dislike it, either. I have to say, though, I like Hazel Serafina so much more. I have really grown to like it on your list. Is that still a contender?
    I am in the same boat as you, it is honestly our main name if we were to have a little girl. My boyfriend is Greek so I think Aphrodite is one of the prettier Greek mythology Goddess names. It sounds strong to me which is totally different than our other Hazel combos which are soft and romantic. Penelope is on our list as well. These names are not out there at all for me, even Aphrodite. I had some crazy unusual names on my list till my boyfriend told me I need to calm it down lol.
    Last edited by scarletsway; July 25th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
    TTC Baby #1

Quote Originally Posted by scarletsway View Post
    @sunshine.10- That kinds of makes sense lol basically depending on the middle it can push Hazel into a direction. Which all of our Hazel combos push Hazel in a direction toward an old romantic feel. With Hazel Aphrodite it keeps it on the cooler or mysterious side. It is not as warm? Or attractive I'm guessing.
    Haha, sorry if my response was confusing! I think Hazel Aphrodite is still an attractive combination, but it is much more cool and mysterious than say, Hazel Marceline or Hazel Juliet.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!