Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I know a Mary who goes by Mare (can also be spelled Maire). It suits her really well.

Or you could chop off the front of the name, and go by Ree. (Like tv personality/recipe guru/bestselling author Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman. Her full name is Ann Marie.)

Mamie. Or Minnie. Or Em (first initial).

My sister-in-law is Mary Beth. One of her pet names is MaryBethel, which sometimes gets smooshed into Marel (pronounced like Meryl Streep).

Polly is a favorite of mine.
    Obsessing over names since 1964

Moira is a variation of Mary which could stretch for a nickname. I like Maisie and I have a daughter named Mary who goes by Molly almost 100% of the time. We also sometimes call her Mago. There's also Maren or Marin.
    Last edited by tristan; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks everyone for suggestions! I quite like May/Mae and Micky, I might run them by my friends to see if they work. Moira, Ree and Minnie are interesting - not sure if they'd suit me but I'm definitely intrigued by them! Molly, although I love, is a no-go for me as one of my best friends is a Mary nicknamed Molly. I also like Polly, but I know a Polly who's... very interesting, and to me, I would always associate that name with her.

My middle name is Noreen, but I really dislike it and have wanted to change it. However it honours my grandmother, so I've been thinking of changing it to Nora, so my grandmother is still honoured and I have a name that I like a bit better. Would there be any nicknames that could incorporate this?

Thank you all so far, you've been a great help!
    Mimi
    Loving:
    Astrid-Cordelia-Elise-Isla-Katerina-Lucia-Luna-Maya-Mirabelle-Violet
    Asher-Casper-Frederick-Hector-Joshua-Lucian-Lyon-Oscar-Sebastian-Theodore

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9832299 please vote and tell me what you think - would love some honest opinions!