Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I bought the Clear Blue OPK's at the local CVS and they had very clear instructions: start on Day 6 of your cycle. So the day you get your period is Day 1 and when you wake up the morning of Day 6, pee on the first stick first thing in the morning. You then continue to pee on one stick every morning and watch for the result. The Clear Blue tests say to only test until you get a smiley face (positive) and then you're done for the month - you'll ovulate sometime within the next 36 hours so you have sex for the next 3 days after that. They're very simple if you read the instructions and do what they say!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Thank you berries! I think I am just going to buy them. I have a feeling this month is going to be another negative which I can not even understand since we started having sex July 11th-17 everyday. We especially made sure to do it on the 14th and 15th day. But I have been having stomach cramps this whole week, some days are worse than others. I don't think I would be feeling that if implantation happened or was going to happen which is really depressing. I thought after one shot it would happen...
    TTC Baby #1!

Does it matter which brand you pick? Either CVS, Clearblue etc?
    TTC Baby #1!

Brand is really just personal preference. A lot of women on here like the WondFo tests but I didn't want to have to order them via the internet and then wait - and I don't like how those are harder to read. So I paid a bit extra for the Clear Blue that I picked up at Target and Wal Mart (needed two kits cause it took us two months). It gives a totally clear smiley face when you're about to ovulate so there's no mistaking it, very simple and easy the way I prefer it. Good luck!

ETA: I will say that, since you are so new to all of this and seem to have a number of questions (and I don't mean that badly as I'm the exact same way!), why not start with one kit of the Clear Blue since they're simpler and more user-friendly than any others? Then if you need another kit (fingers crossed you don't, of course), you could buy something more budget-friendly and order the WondFo. Then you'll be more comfortable and have a much better idea of what to expect and how they work. That would be my take on it!
    Last edited by cvdutch31; July 24th, 2013 at 12:50 AM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I think Clear Blue is easier to use - a smiley face means it's positive. I use dip-stick style tests (First Response) and they're harder to read (the line can be light or dark and a second line doesn't necessarily mean you're ovulating). I agree with Christine - if your budget allows, buy Clear Blue so you'll know for sure first go! The dip-sticks can be confusing.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter