Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Talk to me about Arthur

After some debate, I thought we'd had our name. It was down between Linus and Felix and we were going to go with Linus. But he's not even born and every.single.time I bring it up with someone, I get the inevitable Peanuts or blue blanket joke. Yes, I expected it, but it's already getting old and we've only shared the name with a handful of people. Do I really want to saddle him with this for the rest of his life?

So, I went back and reviewed my name list... and I've been thinking about Arthur. Yes, it's also a cartoon character, but not one that is ubiquitous as Linus and he's not the only Arthur out there that the general public knows. We'd probably call him Ari most of the time.

So, what are your perceptions of Arthur?
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Arthur is a cute name, but it does remind me of the cartoon.
    Best regards; Julia

Persephone Kate ; Charlotte Delphine ; Evangeline Karys ; Clara Juliet ; Vera Madeleine

Joseph Scott ; Christopher Callan ; Maxwell Finn ; Noel Carter ; James Nicholas

I really love Arthur.

Far more than Linus. And you're right, there are a ton of Arthur's out there in fame land but there's pretty much only one Linus.

I think of Arthur Weasley from Harry Potter. King Arthur from Camelot. Arthur Miller the author. All lovely connotations without much joking potential.

And I don't even know what cartoon you're talking about, so it's not that ubiquitous.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Awww. I think Arthur is cute but werable as an adult, has a great history and will fit in but stand out in the world. I would hesitate though today, as some predict the royal baby being named Arthur and that would surely send it booming up the popularity lists.
    guinea pig mama to HeTTy . oLGa . eNiD . WiNNie

GRaCe . JuLia . KiTTy . MaRGo . NaDia . PoLLy
    HuGo . iGoR . JoHN . RoRy . SaMSoN . ToBy

Oh, it's 100% OUT if the royals use it.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman