Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I prefer Hawthorn to Huckleberry, simply for the fact that my cousin used to have a dog named Huckleberry. I have a hard time picturing it on an adult. If it helps though, I have never heard of the Name Game. So, that probably would not be a deciding factor for me. I know you mentioned Atticus and its rise in popularity, but it really is one of my all time favorite names.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I would far prefer Hawthorne! It's refined and different without being too 'out there' and I remember the name game so idk...I personally find Huckleberry a lot to saddle a small child with. And Huck is a nice nickname but like others have mentioned immature people will go there. I feel like Huckleberry would be best as a middle name?
    I'm Lacey Mommy to Aidan William, 20 months.
    I love names, animals, and spending time backpacking and camping and really anything to do with the outdoors!

Planning for TTC our next baby this year!!

Haha, I've been singing this song a lot lately! You'd have to changed the lyrics a bit in your family. I do however agree with your feeling that Huckleberry might make a better pet name than person name.

I love both Hawthorn and Huckleberry, and Huck is by far one of my favorite male nicknames! I find them both completely wearable!

While yes Huck rhymes with a bad word, at the age kids are playing the name game a lot of them wouldn't even realize what they're saying. And, like previous posters stated, it's not as if Huck is the only name to rhyme with said word.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that any name can be made fun of, and if your kid's biggest problem is that his nickname rhymes with an unfortunate word then I think he'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    I can't fathom having berry in my son's name. Huck is different than Huckleberry. But, yes, I can see major teasing potential. And, yes, kids still play the name game.
    I agree. I like the book but Huckleberry just seems over-the-top to use on a real person.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly