Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ha! Your thread title made me giggle.

I also find Huck problematic and Huckleberry not "human name-ish" enough for my tastes, so I get where you're coming from. On the other hand, there were over 2000 Tuckers born last year, and their parents must know the Name Game lurks in wait for them too. Maybe it's not such a big deal.

You still have a few months, so I recommend looking for other options that please you both and then seeing what feels right in the end.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Quote Originally Posted by tomaura226 View Post
    What would people say to Hawthorn? That's another on my husband's list.
    I much prefer Hawthorn. Hawk or Huck could both be used, as well as Thorn or even Howie for something more "regular".

I've also heard of Hudson being nn Huck.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I much prefer Hawthorne to Huckleberry and it has the same sort of feel. The bad word will most definitely be used as he is growing up if you use the name Huck, even though it is a cute name. But I think your pet names are just another reason to steer clear of Huckleberry. Also I think Atticus is adorable! What about Sutter, Holden, Finnian, Linden, or Ellis?
    -Kiele

Quote Originally Posted by tomaura226 View Post
    What would people say to Hawthorn? That's another on my husband's list.
    Yes, Hawthorn is much better than Huckleberry. It's a awesomely strong nature name.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I know a little boy called Huck as a nickname for William (I'm not sure how that happened) but he's never had a problem with the name at all. Everyone compliments his name, in fact! Most people don't even know it's a nickname. I personally adore Huckleberry- it's cute and quirky, with a nice vintage, sort of exciting feel that is so desirable. I think you should go for it!