Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think Elowyn Alexandra Pearl is a very pretty name and flows really well.
    Indigo Azalea - Tansy Valentina - Skye Elise

Jet Eliot - Falcon Everest - Ever James

I love Elowyn Alexandra Pearl, but I much prefer the traditional spelling Elowen. Elowen Alexandra Pearl--it's a beautiful name that honors a loved one! The previous poster said it is pronounced differently with this spelling, but i don't know much about that-I've only heard Elowen pn ELL-oh-win (which is what you want.) And I agree that the name it sounds VERY similar to Edwin Alexander Paul, and that's the connection you're looking for!

I do also LOVE the name Eowyn, as a previous poster suggested, and Eowyn Alexandra Pearl is lovely as well, but if you pick Eowyn you have to be willing to deal with the Lord of the Rings connection.
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

Hi - I am so sorry for your loss. I do agree with the pp - Elowen Alexandra Pearl is so beautiful and still honors your fiancé.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace, Luke Donovan

Thanks all! I did consider Elowen too but I thought that the pronunciation of Elowyn would honour her father better. I always assumed that the ending of Elowen was pronounced differently, more like the end of Rowan.

I love Elowyn/Elowen Alexandra Pearl but like charlieandperry1 mentioned, I did also think that maybe its a little too close and that she needs some individuality. (I am naming it Edwin if it's a boy but with different middle names than my fiance had so it's not exactly the same). I was thinking of using a first name that I love and using the middle names Alexandra and Pearl so it still honours him.

My girls name list which doesn't honour anyone is Violet, Felicity, Elizabeth, Josephine, Lillian & Rosalie and I think all of these will work with the middle names Alexandra Pearl.

Do you all think that would work better? Being a girl myself I wouldn't want a name that sounds identical to my fathers, even if I never met him (if that makes sense)
    Mum to
    Edwin August [3rd Aug 2013]

If I ever have another:
    Samuel Charles Anderson Timothy Peter David Lucas Michael
    Rosalie Marie Alice Lucy Violet Josephine Madeleine Lillian

Forever missing my fiance, Edwin

Looking at your other names you like, I think that many of them could work with Alexandra Pearl as middles.

I particularly love
    Felicity Alexandra Pearl
    Rosalie Alexandra Pearl
    Violet Alexandra Pearl