Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Using Your Maiden Name

Hello fellow Mom's-to-be!

My husband and I are having trouble coming up with boys names. Our surname is the very generic Wood. If our baby is a girl, we have decided on Juliette Brooke as her name. Brooke is a family middle name on my side, and we both fell in love with the name Juliette.

If our baby is a boy, we both like Charlie, Anderson, Finley & Harrison, but don't LOVE any of them. We don't really want something too common, given how common our last name is. The middle name would be William, as that's a family middle name on my husbands side. It might just be my crazy hormones, but is Pemberton (my maiden name) too unusual for a first name?

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Juliette Brooke is very nice. I think Pemberton is too much for a first name, maiden names should be reserved for middles imo. William Pemberton Wood sounds amazing though and a way for both of you to have your family names. Otherwise do you like any of these:
    Austin
    Blake
    Anthony
    Adrian
    Julian
    Elliot
    Brody
    Nicholas
    Graham
    Isaac
    Maxwell
    Morgan
    Tyler
    Connor
    Rowan
    Gavin
    Flynn
    Bennett

All I think work with either Pemberton or William as a middle name.

Thanks jessiea! A lot of those names would be vetoed due to associations/friends/family, but we haven't considered Morgan or Elliot! I will add those to the list.

I think Pemberton is fine, at least in America. Giving children their family's British-sounding surnames is a time honored tradition here. I think the worst thing that will happen is that some people might find you a bit hoity toity. They might also assume you've got a comfortable bank account? Depends on where you live.

Pemberton Charles Wood is quite handsome.