Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I like to imagine this poem was written by an exasperated husband of a name loving woman like us. Like he's reciting her often-shared opinions on all the names she's come across. Love that imagery

I laughed at some of the opinions, especially Bessie vs Betsy, no way! And I'd think Anna was more timeless than Annie.

My daughter's name (Emily), according to the poet, is beautiful , so I loved reading this, and found the observations very interesting.
    Last edited by kyemsma; July 25th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Charlotte, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack

Lol, I'm warm and dutiful. Not sure what to make of that.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Eliza is "not choice," and Phoebe is suitable for a "midwife"? Interesting, but not gonna kick 'em off my list. Thanks for sharing!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Interesting, haha! I'm just happy that there's "an elegance in Isabelle"!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory