Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Was so clueless with my first, help me do better this time!

Ok, so I have to admit that I had never given much thought to what I might like to name my future children. Truth be told, I didn't think I wanted kids. So three years ago, while preggo with my first, I was pretty clueless about naming trends. My husband and I had very different taste, but the one girl's name we both loved was Sophia, which also happened to be my great-grandmother's name. I thought it was beautiful and classic, and loved that the meaning was "wisdom". I had NO idea that everybody else on the freaking PLANET was naming their daughter Sophia, too! Ugh. Don't get me wrong... I still love her name, it's meaning, and the family connection. But having to deal with being one of 6! Sophia/Sofia/Sophies in her preschool class is obnoxious. Sigh.

So now I'm expecting baby number 2, a baby boy, and I want to avoid making the same mistake twice. I still prefer classic, timeless names... definitely NOT into the super-unusual or made-up names. And honestly, it would be weird to have a totally "out there" name paired with a sibling name as common as Sophia. But I'd rather not have another ridiculously popular name. We're leaning towards Leo (as is, not short for anything). Thoughts??? I'd really appreciate the help of all you name experts out there!
    Last edited by dancingal; July 23rd, 2013 at 08:51 AM.

I really like Leo with big sister Sophia. I have met 2 toddler Leos when I worked in a day care place, but there were many more Sophias. Leo is a very handsome choice. It works well on a small child and a grown adult.

I love Leo on it's own and paired with Sophia, it sounds great. I also like Isaac with Sophia.
    Hopeless romantic and proud momma of two princesses:
    Isabella Jane & Vanessa Rose

Sophia and Leo are a great sibset. While Sophia was ranked #1 in 2012, Leo was only ranked #134 - not super popular but not unused either.

Some other ideas ... Timeless, classic names ranked higher than 50 last year

Aaron # 51
    Levi #55
    Charles # 62
    Oliver #73
    Vincent #104
    Edward #157
    George #166
    Theodore #197
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.