Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tripp and [boy name] -- 2 week countdown!

Hello Hello!

We've been struggling to come up with a couple boy name options if #2 (due 8/7) is a boy. Our first born, a son is named Stephen Gerard III and goes by the nickname Tripp. His name was easy and we still really like the 2 girl name options we had in mind when he was born. I'm not one to discuss names with anyone I know, so I'm reaching out to you for some help.

The main reason a lot of names get the axe is because of how their names will sound together - "Tripp and ____." We joke that we'll just go with Dale (Tripp and Dale) is all else fails and make them wear bow ties and cuffs everywhere they go! Seriously, though, here are a couple names we like but aren't sure we can do:

Tripp and Phil (trip and fall?)
    Tripp and Chase ("Tripp chased me then Chase tripped me!") *If we had to name a boy right now, this is probably our top choice - Charles Anthony - but we still just can't commit to it.

Are we over thinking this? I know they won't be together forever (pro doubles anyone?), but it will be a decent amount of time that we're saying their names back to back.

We'd like to go with a traditional/full name and are obviously ok with nicknames, but none of the Matthew, William, Robert, etc. names really stand out in a good way to us. Please share your thoughts, suggestions, insight, and anything else. Be honest - we can take it!

Thanks in advance for the help and encouragement! Just writing this out makes some of the stress go away :)

I think you're over thinking it Stephen and Charles sound good together (is he a Steff-en or a Steven?). Out of curiosity, how did the nn Tripp evolve from Stephen?
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Rosamond "Rozz"

Everett "Rhett", Quentin "Quinn", Cornelius "Coren", Cormac "Mac", Heath

That's bizarre-- I know someone else with nn Tripp that came from a totally-unrelated-to-Tripp name.

I say go for Charles. If you're worried about chasing/tripping there are loads of other Charles nicknames to choose from.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Tripp and Cabot
    Tripp and Rhett
    Tripp and Rhys
    Trip and Pete
    Trip and Perrin (it means traveler, French origin)
    Tripp and Abbott
    Tripp and Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    That's bizarre-- I know someone else with nn Tripp that came from a totally-unrelated-to-Tripp name.
    Tripp is usually a nickname for someone who is "so and so the third". It's an abbreviation for triple