Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

8 days to go and our girl name has changed - Middle names needed for Nimue!

Hi everyone,

I have posted a bit about our names for our baby due in August. Now with a scheduled cs booked for the 1st August, I have suddenly had a huge change of heart with our girl's name.

Our boy name is Peregrine Ly0ns Form@n, planning to call him Pippin or Penn. This has been the one all along, apart from a change in middle when our first pick was used by a family member. Very happy with the family name Ly0ns though.

We had settled on Aurelia, but in the last couple of days I have come to feel that while it is a lovely name which I would love to see used, it just isn't the *right* name for our girl. I think my focus has shifted from wanting a name that pleases everyone to one that feels true to us, regardless of what others think, especially because this is the last baby we are planning. The only two other real first name contenders were Nimue and Arrietty, and I feel Arrietty just doesn't age well. Her sister is Iris Ophelia and while I am happy with that I know I should have called her Ophelia as her first but felt pressure to keep the unusualness down a notch.

This leaves Nimue which is feeling very right, despite it's pronunciation problems (pron Nim-oo-way, with the second syllable hardly pronounced at all). I know this is definitely not everyone's taste! I love the nn Nim, and can imagine using it day in day out, and on a teenager and on an older woman. I have seen it written with an ë which might help with pronunciation, but most people aren't familiar with what that means in Australia anyway. I don't want to move away from the authentic Welsh spelling.

So that means I need middles desperately! I think it needs to be quite a straightforward name to lighten it, something that flows beautifully...It would be lovely if anyone has any suggestions as I am finding it harder and harder to pair with anything:

So far I have:

Nimue Anna Form@n (my mother's middle, my current favourite)
    Nimue Claire Form@n
    Nimue Eve Form@n
    Nimue Violet Form@n
    Nimue Florence Form@n

Unfortunately Rose is taken and May sounds bad, as does anything ending with -ay...

Looking forward to your opinions & suggestions!

Ooooh, a Nimue! So gorgeous, and I think Nim is fantastic. I think Nimue Anna is a stunning combo, so much that I don't feel that I really need to suggest more, but here are some anyway:

Nimue Eliza
    Nimue Aurelia
    Nimue Vera
    Nimue Dahlia
    Nimue Flora
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Thanks! it has been such a crazy week it is good to have some feedback without having to consult family! I love Flora but feel it is a little matchy with Forman?
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    My first thought was Numue Lenore.
    Or:
    Nimue Coral
    Nimue Pearl
    Nimue Liesle
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Try.

Nimue Stephenie