Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Naming help!

Naming help!

I'm writing a novel, and I have some problems naming a few characters.

The novel is set 50-100 years from now, after an apocalypse, so the names can't be too odd, but a little oddness is always welcome.

The main character is female, age 15-22(ish) with dark blonde hair, green eyes, and medium height. She's a "lone wolf", and untrusting, but with a softspot for her younger brother.
    Possibilities I've thought of:
    Pip
    May
    Lux
    Cinda (Sin-da)

Her brother needs to seem vulnerable and playful, and looks similar to the main character, of age 15 or 16.
    Possibles:
    Sammy
    Gus
    Matty

Then there's a male of age 16-25, with brown, almost red hair and blue eyes. He travels around England with a small band of people to towns, trying to fight the apocalypse.
    Possibles:
    Finn
    Raff
    Lo
    Luca

And lastly the son of a leader of a "clan" of people. Male, 17-25. He was fairly rich before the apocalypse, and doesn't agree with his father's ideals. Black hair, brown eyes.
    Possibles
    Max
    Nico
    Callum (cal)
    Luca
    (Also his last name is Walker)

Thank you for any help! All suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by yesterday; July 22nd, 2013 at 06:19 PM.

I think the names should all be crazy and cool, with weird spellings and not many vowels. I mean, come on! It's 100 years in the future-- have a little fun with it!

For the girl, I think the name should be funky and cool, but still relatable. You want the reader to like her. I think the names need to have a little variation; it seems like they all are nicknames of longer names-- Pip for Piper, Lo for Loren, and so on. Here are a few different ideas for the girls name: Pia, Alina, Decca, Maeve, Wren, Stella, Ginny, Dia, Willo, Roux, Zoe, Lia, or Waverly.

For the little brother, I think Matty and Sammy are stereotype cute little brother names. Matteo, Ryen, Kyler, Morgan (yes, for a boy, I think it's cute ) , Joss, or other names like that would work.

As for the male, (I would assume he's the love interest? ) I really like Finn as his name. I also like Max for his name. Some other names are Rian, Ash, Loren, Zane, Xavier, Alek, Zander, Ean, Kiernan, Callum, or Dex. Any cool bad boy sounding name would work.

The leader character's names could possibly be any of these: Griffin, Klaus, Nikolai, Dmitri, Asa, or one of your choices-- Nico or Luca.

Good luck with your story! I can't wait for it to come out so I can read it!
    Erin (Writer, Nerdfighter, Ravenclaw; Not expecting, just collecting)
    (Adelaide, Betty, Cassia, Georgia, Ocean, Violet)
    (Asher, Gabriel, Josiah, Oakley, Rowan, Wayland)

Lux is my ultimate GP.
    ~gigi~
    *gina danielle*

Thanks for your help! I think I'll go with Pia, Sammy, Dex and Nico.