Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't like the name Hazel at all I'm afraid - very harsh sounding and just makes me think of a hazelnut or the rabbit in Watershipdown!

Love Genevieve, Aurelia, Elena and Ruby on your list - pretty and with a European appeal! Ruby is a name we both love but far too popular at the moment so we had to have a rethink!

I don't care for Hazel either. It seems more like a pets name to me. I do love so many names that you dislike though.

I think Hazel sounds very cool and vintage in one, also, I like hazelnuts. It's not my #1 but a lovely name.
    And I was wondering the same thing about Clementine. No matter how hard I try, I can't see the appeal myself.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

I love Hazel. It's my top name for a girl. I'm not sure I can really explain why I like it so much - I just love the feel of it, and I think it could fit a girly-girl or a tomboy. Plus, it's vintage, feminine but not frilly, and easy to pronounce for most English-speaking people. It just has that special sort of quality for me.

And to answer the second part of your question, I really like Celia and Felicity, but I don't care for any of the others (except for Margaret, which I kind of have to like because it's my name). I just can't see the appeal of Margo, Delia or Ruby, and as I rule I don't like names that start with G. I don't know why, so I can't explain it.

I hope I helped answer your question. It's surprisingly difficult to explain why you like certain names sometimes. XD
    Teen writer, pianist, sci-fi geek, cat-owner and name enthusiast.

Calvin Augustus ~ Matilda Josephine
    Roland | Walter | Alonzo | Orson | Beatrice | Elspeth | Agatha | Sunny
    Fitzgerald | Winston | Montgomery | Hugo | Clemency | Zelda | Astrid | Ophelia