Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Julissa?

Julissa?

What do you berries think of this name? I just heard it for the first time a few days ago. It really does not fit in with the names on my list, but it just sounds pleasing to my ears. Have you encountered this name before?
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

-issa names have a dated feel to me, Alyssa, Melissa, Marisa. They feel very 80s/90s to me. Julissa is a bit set apart from those though. It makes me think of a Julie/Alyssa smoosh, I am not that into either of those names, but Julissa is better than both. I picture a pretty Latina girl. I immediately think of a teenager though, it's harder to picture a baby. Not my taste, but it is distinctive and I think it will age well. It's unique without being confusing or unheard of. It's special & different but still down-to-earth. It's a solid choice really.

I also picture a Latina girl. I'm from an area with a higher Hispanic population, and I hear that one a lot.
    I've only ever heard it pronounced like You-Lisa, and am not the biggest fan honestly.
    Out of all the -issa suffix names though, I do like this one the best.

Like Elissa better... just because literary connection.
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

NMS, I agree that it sounds very Smoosh-ish. Somehow it also feels dated, as pps have said - I hear Janessa.
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Esther Dorothy . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery