Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Julissa?

What do you berries think of this name? I just heard it for the first time a few days ago. It really does not fit in with the names on my list, but it just sounds pleasing to my ears. Have you encountered this name before?
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

-issa names have a dated feel to me, Alyssa, Melissa, Marisa. They feel very 80s/90s to me. Julissa is a bit set apart from those though. It makes me think of a Julie/Alyssa smoosh, I am not that into either of those names, but Julissa is better than both. I picture a pretty Latina girl. I immediately think of a teenager though, it's harder to picture a baby. Not my taste, but it is distinctive and I think it will age well. It's unique without being confusing or unheard of. It's special & different but still down-to-earth. It's a solid choice really.

I also picture a Latina girl. I'm from an area with a higher Hispanic population, and I hear that one a lot.
    I've only ever heard it pronounced like You-Lisa, and am not the biggest fan honestly.
    Out of all the -issa suffix names though, I do like this one the best.

Like Elissa better... just because literary connection.
    Cecily Beatrice, Charlotte Ravenna, Aurora Valkyrie, Rosalyn Amoret, Melody Seraphina, Helena Rosamund

Robin Lysander, Edmund Ludwig, Magnus Roland, Thorin Gaspar, Percy Beowulf, Erik Wesley, Tristan Emil

Midwest USA
    NMS, I agree that it sounds very Smoosh-ish. Somehow it also feels dated, as pps have said - I hear Janessa.