Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with #3

Help with #3

We are thinking about baby #3. We have a Henry and Annabel. What would you name our third? I would like something easy to spell (although I love it, it annoys me to have to always give the spelling for Annabel's name) that fits in well with our other children and while I don't mind it being somewhat popular, I do not like trendy. Here are some names I've considered, but I would love suggestions:

Girls:
    Clara
    Georgia
    Alice
    Vivienne (worried about the spelling issue and that's it's not as "sweet" as Annabel)
    Penelope

Boys:
    Theodore nn Teddy
    Edward nn Teddy (family name)
    Alfred nn Freddie (family name)
    Jasper
    Felix
    Everett (family name)
    Quinn (family name-possible mn)

Any suggestions along these lines? Something that fits but maybe a little less common than some of the above? I'm in the US.

Thanks!

Wow, I love so many of the names on your list!

Girls:
    Clara - this just isn't my favorite. I'm also not quite sure whether it is supposed to be CLAIR-uh or CLAHR-uh. It doesn't seem as "romantic" as Annabel
    Georgia - I love this, plain and simple
    Alice - so classic and beautiful! I think it fits well with Henry, but not so much with Annabel
    Vivienne - I like this and the pronunciation vih-vee-EN, but I think many people might just pronounce it the same way as Vivian (namely: VIH-vee-uhn)
    Penelope - also another one of my favorites! I don't know how well it fits with Annabel though, it seems a bit more... quirky, maybe?

So, I love Georgia as well as Alice to go with Henry and Annabel.

Boys:
    Theodore - cute, perfect, love it!
    Edward - I just don't like this name very much, but I think it goes well stylistically with the other two
    Alfred - this actually seems to go a little too old -- what do you think of Arthur?
    Jasper - has a sort of "Southern" vibe that I think works well with Annabel, maybe not classic enough to fit
    Felix - it feels a bit too modern for the other two
    Everett - so handsome, it makes me think of a forest at the foot of snow-capped mountains!
    Quinn - so cute!

I love the idea of Theodore Quinn!
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman

One of my favorite sibsets for potential future use (if I can talk my fiancé into them and we have the proper number an gender of kids) is Annabel, Georgia, and Jasper so for me those are the hands down winners.

I also like Penelope and Everett somewhat but not nearly as much. The rest are either not something I personally like or I feel they just don't fit as well with your current children.

My choices are Jasper or Georgia.
    I also like Felix.

From your list I think Penelope is the clear pick for a girl: it fits well with the other two names and has the "sweetness" of Annabel. Although it's more popular I would also suggest Chloe. I also think Lucy or Matilda would work nicely.

I really like all of the names on your boys list! Theodore is a great name and probably my favorite to complete the sibset. Some other names that I think might go well too are Jack, Bennett, & Oliver.
    Current Favs:

Margaret * Fife * Pippa * Eleanor * Annabel * Zara * Harriet * Clementine * Aurelia * Mae

Andrew * Samuel * Everett * Leo * Jack * River * Frederick * Gatsby * Henry * Jude