Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Honestly, it makes my eyes hurt. Juliana Leigh is pretty, i really love Juliana.

The sentiment does make it a little bearer, but the thing is, how do we know little Elleighana wasn't to honor an Eliana and a Leigh? Most people won't know the story and will just be very confused, pronouncing it Julay-a or Julega half the time and never spelling it that way.

Personally I'm more relaxed than most and could maybe see Juleigha as a middle name. I don't think it's the greatest or anything, but it would be OK. But up front it's just going to cause headaches, confusion, and judgment.

Juleigha and Elleighana are tacky and trashy. I get the sentiment of wanting to honor someone but that's just not the way to do it. My husband has a friend from high school with a daughter named Juleea and every time I see the name on Facebook, I say it as ju-LEE-uh, basically a made up spelling of Leah with the Ju- sound in front.

Julia Leigh, Juliet Leigh, or Juliana Leigh would be much nicer.

Here are some variants of Julia:

Jillian (from Gillian, which is from Julian [where Juliana comes from])
    Julita/Julitta
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I'm not really a fan of hyphenated names generally, but perhaps if your sister is insistent on blending the names and keeping the original spelling of Leigh intact, then Julia-Leigh might be the best possible option

Alternatively, if she was willing to change the spelling of Leigh, she could have Julie as a combination of your two names. If that was too similar to your name, then I guess she could always try Jaylee, which puts the emphasis back on the 'lee' sound of your GG's name while keeping the j & a from Julia.
    My Top 10 Girls Names: Astrid, Elara, Evelyn, Hannah, Hester, Lorna, Megan, Ophelia, Sylvia, Tabitha
    My Top 10 Boys Names: Alistair, Andrew, Graeme, Hamish, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Aurelius, Damaris, Digory, Hermione, Isis, Phineas, Loki, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx, Orion

It is horrendous.
    Eliza + Beatrix + Constance + Romilly + Clementine + Freya + Mabel + Agnes + Betty + Margot
    Felix + Ivo + Calloway + Walter + Linus + Otto + August + Hugo + Zebedee + Rollo + Phineas