Names Searched Right Now:

38 weeks pregnant and baby is still nameless

My husband has always been set on the boy name Ezri it is a biblical name meaning "help or aid"
    I am not convinced and there starts our dilemma. He won't back down and I won't use ezri as a first name. He won't use it as a middle name. Males! Anyway, we have to somehow work this out as we are running out of time. After many tears and countless debates (naming a child should be a nice experience!) he has agreed to use a name that can be shortened to ezri but this is proving to be a very difficult task.

We have considered these names but they are out for various reasons:
    Ezra
    Ezekiel

Names we have considered:
    Eliezer
    Ebenezer
    Azariah
    Ezer

Names that I think could be ok:
    Ezeriah
    Hezekiah (haven't run this one past hubby yet)

I am just getting so over this as there is no easy answer and I can't seem to find names thAt can be shortened to ezri. Any help or advice or suggestions would be awesome, thanks.
    Mummy of two precious monkeys

This is tough. The two best/easiest ways to get Ezri would be Ezra and Ezekiel or to just use Ezri. Too bad those are out. I couldn't think of any suggestions, but out of the ones in consideration I like Ebenezer the best. I do think of Ebenezer Scrouge so hopefully that association wouldn't bother you and your husband. Sorry I'm not much help.

I love Ezra, Azaria/Azariah, and Hezekiah.

Eliezer and Eleazar are generally regarded as two separate (though related) names, don't know if Eleazar is workable if Eliezer is out?

There's Eliraz, which means "my G-d is a mystery" but it's very obscure and not Biblical.

There's Ezriel?
    Last edited by stripedsocks; July 22nd, 2013 at 09:32 AM.