Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

I quite possibly have a list for Josephine!

I would love your thoughts on these--sometimes I think they're great, and sometimes I think they're all just rubbish. But I've come up with a short list, and I like most of them a lot. I'd like to hear what others think.

Josephine Cosima (too singsongy? I suppose it depends on how you say Cosima...)
    Josephine Edith
    Josephine Felicity (too long?)
    Josephine Ivy
    Josephine Leona
    Josephine Lucia (I pronounce this the Italian way, loo-CHEE-ah)
    Josephine Tzofia
    Josephine Zinnia
    Josephine Zoe
    Josephine Zofia
    Josephine Zosia (ZOH-shah)

Edith, Cosima, Felicity, Lucia, Zinnia, and Zoe are just names I've loved for quite a while now and can't see using up front, but I'd love to fit them in as a middle.

I like the blend of French and Hebrew with Josephine Tzofia--I'm not Hebrew, but my best friend was a French Jew (she passed away Dec. 2010), and I think it's quite a fitting way to honor her, and it still gives me room to use a second middle to honor one of my own family members. I'm just not sure if people would think it very weird to use such a Hebrew name if I'm not, and if it would be too much of a hassle (would people just assume it was Josephine Sophia?). Tzofia wouldn't be considered cultural appropriation like Cohen, would it? Any Jewish Berries out there? From my limited knowledge of Hebrew/Jewish culture, I didn't think it would be, but I wanted to be sure. The last thing I would want to do was offend any Jews, especially since Millie's faith and ancestry and culture meant so much to her. Lastly, how would it be pronounced? I feel like I have a general idea, but I don't want to butcher it.

Thanks, Berries!
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; July 22nd, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter