Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Claire is on my short list! I'd name a sister Julia (obviously). After I typed this, I realized Julia's actually on your list so it's even more perfect!!!!! I imagine Claire' brother to be Henry. haha I think Claire goes well with all of the boys names you mentioned.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Claire is a lovely name and I think it makes a very sweet and strong first name. Actually, I think all the names on your list go beautifully with Claire! I think Wren or Fern would go nicely with Claire as well.

Claire Adelaide
    Claire Emmeline
    Claire Elizabeth
    Claire Eliora
    Claire Linnea
    Claire Willow
    Claire Natalie
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Claire is beautiful. I think it's fully sufficient as a FN, not too short at all. If you're worried, though, you could use it as a nn for something like Clarissa, Clara, or Clarity... A long time ago, Claire was on my top 5 as a FN, I used to adore it up front, and Claire as a name has been one of my favorites since the fifth grade, really. But then I actually met a little Claire, and after I saw it on an actual little person, I knew I couldn't see me with a little Claire so I moved it to the MN spot (it's a family name for me, too). Since then I've met two adorable, beautiful, charming, wonderful Claires, and they always seem to make me reconsider Claire as a FN, but it just never sticks. I don't think I'm meant to have a Claire, but I'd love to meet lots and lots of adorable little Claires!

I had several Claire combos over the years--these were some of my favorites:

Claire Annika
    Claire Audrey
    Claire Evangeline
    Claire Ivy
    Claire Lillian
    Claire Rebecca

I think Claire Josephine is pretty gorgeous, too. And Claire Ophelia. And Claire Olivia. Although I'd be hesitant about Claire Olivia or Claire Ophelia if your LN (or your baby's LN) would start with a "W" (even the idea of a potential Catherine Odette or Charlotte Olive or Claire Ophelia of mine marrying a Jack Winters is enough to keep me from using it--Charlotte Winters is fine, but the initials COW is where I draw the line!).

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I have a daughter named Claire and get many compliments on her simple, yet beautiful name. Her brother's name is Patrick and we feel like they go extremely well together. As we are currently expecting our third, we too have been searching for the perfect sibling name addition. At this point, we are in love with Nora for a girl and still undecided for a boy!
    Good luck! I don't think you can go wrong with Claire (either spelling).

My oldest daughter is Clare and I've always loved her name. In my mind Claire is a very versatile name and works in many sibling sets. I like classic names so for me it pairs nicely with those sorts of name. Of the names you mentioned Nora and Leah seem like great matches for Claire.
    Last edited by lo; July 22nd, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Stella or Grace or Lucy
    Future boy: Peter Gregory