Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Beatrice or Alice

My DH and I need help deciding on a girls name. We are equally in love with Beatrice and Alice. Which one is your favourite? Would love your advice.

I can't choose between them. They are both equally lovely names.

I think you should use them both. One as a fn, the other in the middle.

Beatrice Alice
    Alice Beatrice
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Euphemia - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Hyacintha - Marigold - Ariadne - Sophronia - Crescentia - Thomasina - Apollonia - Romilda
    Amedeo - Casimir - Lancelot - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Nicodemus
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Tiberius - Romulus - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I think both would be beautiful names. Alice was my favorite girl name several years ago. I eventually let go of it though because it seemed like a lot of other people were starting to like it too. It lost some of its spark for me. I feel like Beatrice is a nice name that is still a little more uncommon, and for that reason I think I'd pick it over Alice.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

They are so complimentary of each other, I feel. Beatrice has a lot more nickname options, Betty, Trixie, Bea, Trice. Whereas Alice is short and sweet and can use the nickname Ali. If I was forced to choose, I'd have to go with Beatrice because of the use of Betty as a nickname and I really would like to see the name Betty in the top 100 again one day
    ~Proud Mommy of~
    Silas Trace 9
    Charles Joseph 6
    Kirabelle Leigh 1
    Elodie Anna BRAND NEW

We considered having one as a fn and other as mn, but thought it sounded funny together as they both end in 'ice' and DH def doesn't like Beatrix as an option