Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

names I'm loving lately...critique welcome

Lately I've been falling hard for the old lady names. I have no idea why, because part of me still loves the idea of Artemis. But I've fallen hard for these:

Imogen
    Ingrid
    Agatha

And also interested but not quite sure about:
    Jean
    Claudia

So...what do you think? Useable, pretty, hideous, crazy? Do you prefer my old favorites or the new?
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Imogen is fabulous. I don't know if I could pull it off, personally, but it would be adorable in many families.
    Ingrid feels a little bit more stiff to me, so I have a harder time loving it. I think it could be great in some situations though.
    Agatha is another great one.
    Jean is nice, I greatly prefer June, though.
    Claudia... I don't know. Something about this one feels dated still maybe. Babysitters Club books?
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire . Robin Marie .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery . Edgar Willoughby .

I love Imogen and like Ingrid. I don't care for Agatha personally...the "ag" sound bothers me. Jean isn't my style, but my midwife is named Jeanie and I love her, so that's a good association at least. Like PP, I prefer June or even Jane. I'm not a fan of Claudia, either. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't care for it. I think all of the names are usable.

Imogen- Love this! So unusual especially in the USA. It has such a unique sound too.
    Ingrid- This sounds just a bit harsh to me. I kinda have a feeling that I should like it, but theres something about it that I can't quite love.
    Agatha- This still sounds like a mean old British nanny to me lol. I am starting to like it though.
    Jean- Sounds a little dated to me. I prefer June and Jane much more.
    Claudia- I kinda like this! But the meaning isn't the greatest, if thats something that is important to you.
    Artemis- This is more of a GP name for me. I do like the history behind it though.

My fave by far is Imogen!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

I love Ingrid and Jean. My cousin Ingrid is nicknamed Inga, which I've always thought was cool.
    Jean is my middle name, and I love how it sounds as a middle name with all sorts of names! It's cute as a fn too. I like Jeanie also.
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus