Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ireland Grace??

Personally, I think you should stick with Ireland Grace! I knew a little girl, a twin, named Ireland at a preschool I worked at. She was so sweet! Ireland is a wonderful name, I think it can work perfectly as a place-name. On the other hand, I also think Imogen could work well for you! Imogen is Celtic for "beloved child," which I'm sure your daughter will be (: it also has the accessible nickname "Immy." Congratulations (:

I don't like Ireland as a name. I mean, it even ends in '-land': it's a country, not a person. And I like it even less for a child who has one Irish parent; what about when she inevitably travels to, and/or lives in Ireland? Awkward and weird.

That's just my opinion, and sorry to be a downer. As far as Irish names go, I really like Eilish.

Quote Originally Posted by jeska View Post
    I don't like Ireland as a name. I mean, it even ends in '-land': it's a country, not a person. And I like it even less for a child who has one Irish parent; what about when she inevitably travels to, and/or lives in Ireland? Awkward and weird.

That's just my opinion, and sorry to be a downer. As far as Irish names go, I really like Eilish.
    I agree with jeska.

I really like the suggestion of Iris. If you feel the need to honor your baby daddy, I'd go with a legit Irish name, or something from baby daddy's family tree.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Thanks so much, we don't choose one get. But now we have nome opcion, I really fall in love for to names
    Isla Grace and Harper Grace. (You are a genius Jesba, thanks)

So our opcion are:
    Aileen Grace
    Ireland Grace
    Isla Grace
    Harper Grace

The 4 are so pretty!
    Thanks so much again! I have only 4 months and, we have time.

Congrats on your princess!

I am on the fence with going so literal with Ireland to honor her Irish heritage. I am a HUGE fan of Ashlyn Grace. Harper is on my list but becoming too trendy.