Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alliteration?

Alliteration?

Hi berries!

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on alliteration with first and last names?

Here are my questions:

1) Whether you like alliteration

2) If you don't, why not?

3) What are your thoughts on the name Violet with our last name, which starts with a V and rhymes with 'hickory' (3 syllables)

4) Would Violet V. pass the 'resume'/'Dr' test? (middle name Elaine)

Thank you!
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

1) I don't like or dislike alliteration. Sometimes it's great.
    2) NA
    3) Violet (V)ickory: I like that. It sounds good.
    4) Dr. Violet E. (V)ickory, PhD
    Violet (V)ickory, attorney at law
    Violet Elaine (V)ickory, MD
    It passes the Dr/resume test. Violet Elaine is a great combo.
    ~Mehri

I think it depends on the names. For example, Catherine Collins sounds good. So does Amy Applegate. But Brian Brown, not so much. I think what matters for me is the consonants and how hard they are. Violet "Hickory-with-a-V" sounds a little too V heavy for my personal taste. But I don't think its sounds childish, it just has a little too much of the same sound. Violet Elaine "Hickory-with-a-V" sounds very professional and I don't think having an alliterative name would stop her from doing great things in the world. So, it would not be the end of the world, but I have a slight dislike for this full name alliteration.
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

1. I love alliteration, in general.
    2. I think it makes a name more memorable.
    3. LOOOVE it.
    4. Absolutely. And again, Violet (V) ickory is going to get remembered!

I think alliteration depends on the specific combination. Fran Frey, for example, isn't the best combination, but Jennifer Jones is just fine.

When I first heard it, I wasn't thrilled by Violet V-ckory, but hearing it as a doctor or lawyer in the examples merrybells listed, I changed my mind. I like it, but it sounds a little bit like a fictional character, maybe a Roald Dahl one.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin