Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    By age 18 I had stopped obsessing about my own name and moved on to obsessing about future baby names.

Asked in my younger years and I would have gone with Jamie, which still fits me perfectly. Asked me in my teen years and I would have probably gone with Sadie (even though it doesn't fit me at all).

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

I would have gone with either:

Jordana - just fixing the spelling of my legal name. I sometimes regret I didn't do this when I was 18, it would create a huge paperwork burden now with international visas.
    Josephine - my religious name being Yosefa. Would have cleared a lot of things up.
    Jessamine - my great-grandmother (also religiously a Yosefa!) had the English first name of Jessie. Jessamine would have been a tighter connection to that, as well as being a really gorgeous flower, and Jordanna and Jessamine are about as related to Yosefa as each other - only the letter being the same.

Jordana with one n is how most people spell it, Jordanna with two n's has been kind of an ongoing drama.

I should have said, though, I'm at peace with my name now.

I don't hate my name, but I used to think about changing the spelling to Katharine. My dad (who chose the spelling of my name when I was born - mom would have gone with Catherine like her grandmother) told me to go ahead and do it when I got married since I was going through the process of changing my last name anyway, but I didn't because I'm emotionally attached to my original spelling, silly Y and all.

My name is Jessica, I quite disliked it for a while as a child, then grew to accepting it but not feeling like it really fit me, to now feeling like it fits me pretty well (the nickname Jess helps) and loving the story behind how it was picked.

When I was 18, I think my considerations were similar to now. I've never seriously thought about changing it, but when I've toyed with it, I've thought about how the popular, pretty girl image doesn't really fit me, and how something more studious and serious would. To that end I'm sure I daydreamed about Margaret, Frances, Susan, Claudia, Audrey, and Helen. Alternately, at times I wanted to keep Jess and quite liked Jessamine for being an "unusual" route to it, similarly but less so Jessa and Jessia.