Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

thoughts on Lazarus

My husband announced a couple of days ago that he really likes Lazarus for a son if we have one. I've been mulling this over and i'm still not sure how i feel about it! Its very cool, especially with nn Lazer, its very biblical, its very bold. That's all i've got. What do you think?
    ~ Mama to Juniper and expecting Arlo at the end of May ~

Beautiful Firsts with Family Middles:
    ~ Calypso Susannah "Callie"- Beatrice Winona "Bliss" - Clementina Maybelle "Minnie" - Tallulah Rosalie "Lula" ~
    (Pearl - Celeste - Coralie - Delphine)

~ Zephyr Joseph Yeats - Nathaniel Arthur Miles ~

I actually think it goes well with Juniper. If you can take the biblicalness of it (ie: you're at least somewhat religious), it can end up being very cool.

I'm no Bible-scholar, so take this with a grain of salt. My first association with Lazarus is a rotting corpse. Sorry! I know - Jesus, miracles, etc. But I just think corpse.

I'm crushing hard on Laszlo lately. Think Bogey as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca, and Ralph Fiennes in The English Patient. Peter Lorre's real name was Laszlo! It's Hungarian.. Insanely sexy imo.

Why not? If children these days can be named Moses and Salome, I don't see how it can't escape it's biblical roots. I like the Spanish/Italian variation of Lazaro as well.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Thanks for your replies everyone. Lazarus is growing on me, and i do love the idea of nn Lazer. But, we aren't religious and the corpse association isn't good!
    @Emmabobemma, i had forgotten about Laszlo, i'll to mention it to my husband, i love it. Lazaro has gone on the list too :-)
    Last edited by freya55; July 22nd, 2013 at 03:38 AM.
    ~ Mama to Juniper and expecting Arlo at the end of May ~

Beautiful Firsts with Family Middles:
    ~ Calypso Susannah "Callie"- Beatrice Winona "Bliss" - Clementina Maybelle "Minnie" - Tallulah Rosalie "Lula" ~
    (Pearl - Celeste - Coralie - Delphine)

~ Zephyr Joseph Yeats - Nathaniel Arthur Miles ~