Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The name Johanna (pron. Jo-hanna)?

I've always thought it was beautiful but many react negatively towards it - that it's too boring or too 80's/90's...

I guess if you see most of my favorites, it doesn't really "fit." I had Johanna pinned as a middle name possibility since it honors my mother-in-law (middle name is Jo) and my paternal grandmother (first name is Anna), but I'm starting to really love it as a first name.

What do you think? Too boring? Too dated? Does it work with sister Nora?
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Griffin (Finn). Euan. John (Johnny).

Sylvie. Iris. Gwyneth (Gwen). Daphne (Effie). Piper.

I think it is a beautiful name that is different enough to really stand out. I don't think of it as a particularly dated name, though I could see Joanna that way. To me, Johanna has a classic Scandinavian feel. I think it makes a great sister for Nora.

I really hate this name. But if you love the name is perfect, is you little girl. I call my baby girl January and my family don't like are all. So is your choise.

January Anais Rose's Mom♥

I think it's nice! And if you really love it, you should use! I'm not the biggest fan of the -a endings on both girls' names though.
    ~Adelaide ~ Juniper ~ Josephine ~ Dorothy ~ Eleanora ~ Rosalind ~ Magnolia~
    ~Julian ~ Augustus ~ Edward ~ Frederick ~Everett ~ Nathaniel ~ Theodore~

Johanna is a lovely classic name. While I can see Joanna being a bit dated I think Johanna maintains and air of mystique that make it more current. I also love how the name honors two family members in a way that works without seeming pieced together. I think Nora and Johanna is an adorable sibset, both are classic interesting names that are a bit off the beaten path, just lovely!
    23 year old name lover with a passion for art history married for three years to my much better half
    talking with said partner about trying to conceive our first late this year