Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The name Johanna (pron. Jo-hanna)?

I've always thought it was beautiful but many react negatively towards it - that it's too boring or too 80's/90's...

I guess if you see most of my favorites, it doesn't really "fit." I had Johanna pinned as a middle name possibility since it honors my mother-in-law (middle name is Jo) and my paternal grandmother (first name is Anna), but I'm starting to really love it as a first name.

What do you think? Too boring? Too dated? Does it work with sister Nora?
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. John. Wesley (Wes). Reid. Jude. Ronan. Samuel (Sam). Gus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Rosanna (Zanna). Ivy. Margo. Sylvie. Iris. Esme. Annamarie (Anna or Marie). Greta.

I think it is a beautiful name that is different enough to really stand out. I don't think of it as a particularly dated name, though I could see Joanna that way. To me, Johanna has a classic Scandinavian feel. I think it makes a great sister for Nora.

I really hate this name. But if you love the name is perfect, is you little girl. I call my baby girl January and my family don't like are all. So is your choise.

January Anais Rose's Mom♥

I think it's nice! And if you really love it, you should use! I'm not the biggest fan of the -a endings on both girls' names though.
    ~Adelaide ~ Octavia~ Eulalie~ Clementine~ Magnolia~ Coralie~ Josephine~
    ~Frederick~ Alistair~ Malachi~ Edward~Julian~ Nathaniel ~ Theodore~

Johanna is a lovely classic name. While I can see Joanna being a bit dated I think Johanna maintains and air of mystique that make it more current. I also love how the name honors two family members in a way that works without seeming pieced together. I think Nora and Johanna is an adorable sibset, both are classic interesting names that are a bit off the beaten path, just lovely!
    23 year old name lover with a passion for art history married for three years to my much better half
    talking with said partner about trying to conceive our first late this year