Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Need Your Opinions! Please Help!

Hi. This is Rainierloner. I'm not new to Nameberry, but this is my first account and I'm still getting adjusted to things here.

So, I absolutley love Lily, but I like it better as a nn than an actual name. I think Lillian is too formal and princess-y, and I just don't like the name Lilah. I don't really know any other names that have Lily as a nn. Then I saw the name Lilith in a book I read. I think it's a beautiful name, and it's perfect to use with Lily as a nn. But, I looked it up on Nameberry and realized it has a lot of baggage-- it's definition is literally "ghost, night monster." Lilith is known in Jewish folklore as Adam's first wife, who turned into a demon! When I look at the Pop Culture References at the bottom of Lilith's name page, it only shows characters that portray demons in books and on TV. There are no famous people with the name Lilith, either.

I am totally in love with this name, but should I not use it because of it's demon reference? Are there any other names out there with the nn Lily? Also, are there any names that you think I might like in place of Lilith? Please post your honest opinions-- I won't be offended if you disagree with me. Thank you!
    Erin; student, writer, Nerdfighter, and Ravenclaw
    Favorite names of the moment: Oceane & Aries.

Lilith is top 1000 name for at least three years.
    Popular Baby Names

There are 300 babies born with this name.
    Popular Baby Names

I think Lilith is lovely name, despite it's connections to demons and sorcery, but I like fantasy names, check my username. Hahah.

Anyway, if you love it, use it. I don't think most people know she become demon, and, after all, that's just a Jewish story.

If I really loved it, I don't think the 'baggage' would bother me - and TBH I had no idea about any of that.
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire . Robin Marie .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery . Edgar Willoughby .

Is a cute name, but how you think about Lilibeth?
    Sound so good and is so romantic, and not common are all.
    But is your chooise

January Anais Rose's Mom♥

"Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell