• Ella

27 60.00%
  • Ellie

4 8.89%
  • Elle

14 31.11%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poll for Ella vs Ellie vs Elle

Looking for opinions on a full name. Ella vs Ellie vs Elle.

What did you choose and why?

Thank you!

I chose Ella - it feels more complete to me, compared to Ellie and Elle, which seem like nicknames.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

I have loved Ellie for years, and much prefer it to Ella for some odd reason. Ellie feels like a timeless nickname to me that could be a full name. I love the spunk in Ellie, and if you're an avid video gamer, there's the reference to the teenaged main character who bears the name in the Last of Us, an award winning game that many think could be Game of the Year.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I'm an Eloise who's always been known as Ellie. Looking at it objectively, if I had to pick from the three to name my daughter, I'd still go with Ellie. It's a fun name, I think! (Or so I've been told)! Much more cheerful than my real name - I like it! It's girly without being too twee but has nickname potential as a standalone name by itself (I often have Ellie shortened AGAIN to El or Elz)...

I love Ella. Ellie has always felt obnoxious and clingy and boring all at once (not that I could say why), and I've just never been a fan at all. Elle I can appreciate, but I don't love it as much as Ella, and it feels a bit more pretentious than the sweet and down-to-earth Ella. I do like Elle, too, though. It's Ella. I find it so sweet and charming. The others are fine, they just aren't as appealing to me, though.