Names Searched Right Now:

Is Audrey too common?

I have always adored the name Audrey for a little girl. The grace and timeless beauty of Audrey Hepburn leaves positive connotations to this name for me. I also like the fact that my favorite Disney princess Sleeping Beauty was modeled on Audrey Hepburn. However, I have a few concerns. The first and main concern I have is of course its popularity. I've had many people comment on how popular and overused it is. Honestly, I've only met one other Audrey in my life and I think the highest rank the name has had is #41 which isn't extremely popular in my eyes. I'm just worried that it is poised to become the next Sophia/Ava/Olivia. What do you all think? I have considered some alternatives such as Audra, Audrina and even Aubrey but I just can't get on board with them. They don't evoke the same classiness that Audrey does.

Another concern I have is nicknames. I know it shouldn't make or break a name but I love cute nicknames and Audrey doesn't seem to have that for me. I don't like any of them. They all seem to declassify the beauty of the name. Any suggestions other than the obvious? I have considered giving her a middle name starting with J and calling her A.J for short but I don't know..thoughts??

Which brings me to my final concern, a middle name. I'm having a hard time deciding on one. I would like to honor a family member in the middle slot. Two I have considered are Annabelle or Anne after my mom and Marie after my great grandmother. Here are my issues..

Audrey Annabelle/Anne - Not sure if I like the alliteration
    Audrey Marie - Sounds too plain jane for me

Like I mentioned above, I have also considered using a J name in the middle slot and calling her A.J. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any input/suggestions you may have

First off, Audrey is actually NOT that popular. About 0.27% of girls were named Audrey- or 5,266. Out of one thousand girls born in 2012 in the US, about three would be named Audrey. Today, more and more parents are NOT using the top 10, 100 or even top 1000 names (only 67% of girls and 78% of boys were given names in the top 1000 in 2012), and that means that the more popular names aren't really that popular.

I do not think that Audrey will reach top 10 status. If it does, it'll be several years.

I don't think Audrey needs a nickname, personally, but I get what you mean about loving nicknames. Dree is cute, but AJ will be awesome if she's a tomboy. What about Audrey Julianne/Julianna/Juliana to honor your mother? You get the Anne and the J beginning.

Good luck!
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I do know a few little Audreys, but it's not epidemic, imo, like Ava or Isabella. I don't see it gaining a lot of ground either, as it seems like one of those names that is just steadily popular, rather than a sudden discovery that everyone makes at the same time. I know Audreys of all ages.
    Audrey Jane?