Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did I make a mistake?

hi....I have the most precious 1 year old boy and I have gone through feelings of regretting his middle name. I love his first name, Liam, although it has become quite popular, I still love it. I named him Liam James after my father's father and grandfather. My father's name is George, which I didn't like at the time, but now I'm beginning to like it. Did I make a mistake naming my son Liam James rather than Liam George? Should I change it, or would that be odd at this point!? Thank you in advance:-)

Namer's remorse is an awful feeling. There is so much pressure to pick the perfect name; this is the name your son will bear forever.

Liam James is a strong, classic name and you should not think you've made a mistake. Changing it now would be odd, but not liking your son's name would be worse. Consider the hassle (the name change process is no picnic) and consider how strongly you feel about Liam George vs Liam James.

Are you done having children? If not, perhaps work George/Georgia into the mix the next go-around to honor your Dad (and his good name).

Ultimately, do what you think would be best for your son.

I quite like Liam James. I was also thinking if you had any future children George or Georgia would work.

Liam James is my preference. I'd wait and let the child decide whether to change it.

Aren't names a "funny thing"? How they can change and grow on us.... I thought George was too stodgy 18 months ago:-( I wonder if I'm focusing too much on it. I feel like every time I turn around someone gives their baby the middle name James:-( I feel like i gave my son such a common name. A friend of mine kindly mentioned that I kind of missed the boat in honoring my dad. I'd love a 3rd child-but my husband isn't on board yet.