Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Salem???

I like the name Salem very much. I don't however like the association with the Witch Hunts at all. It's unfortunate that such a cool name is intertwined with such evil and mass hysteria. I've wanted to use it for a cat, but then decide against it, as I would probably always be reminded of the Witch Hunts. Now, all that aside, I really do like the name, and if I met someone by the name of Salem, I would think it a really neat name! I prefer it for a boy even though people have been using for girls.

My first association isn't with the witch trials at all, but that's probably because I actually work for a city by this name! While I love the name itself, I couldn't use it because I live here. It would be like naming your child London when you live in London and work for the city of London...way too closely associated.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

The name it self is a cool name, but my mind definitely went to the trials and The Crucible. It would be a definite deal-breaker for me, but if you like the name and won't mind the possible association I think it could be usable. If I met a child with this name I don't think I would be put off or offended, but it's nms.