Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Salem???

I like the name Salem very much. I don't however like the association with the Witch Hunts at all. It's unfortunate that such a cool name is intertwined with such evil and mass hysteria. I've wanted to use it for a cat, but then decide against it, as I would probably always be reminded of the Witch Hunts. Now, all that aside, I really do like the name, and if I met someone by the name of Salem, I would think it a really neat name! I prefer it for a boy even though people have been using for girls.

My first association isn't with the witch trials at all, but that's probably because I actually work for a city by this name! While I love the name itself, I couldn't use it because I live here. It would be like naming your child London when you live in London and work for the city of London...way too closely associated.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

The name it self is a cool name, but my mind definitely went to the trials and The Crucible. It would be a definite deal-breaker for me, but if you like the name and won't mind the possible association I think it could be usable. If I met a child with this name I don't think I would be put off or offended, but it's nms.