Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Character Nickname: Mirky or Murky

In the middle of the night last night it struck me what a cool nickname Mirky (english variation of Murky) would be for a character.

However, I can't think of a first name that would work for this. Thoughts? Male or Female, either would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
    Wonder Child
    17 year old wannabe writer with a name obsession
    Flint, Roth, Solo, Ade, Roan, Thane, Ransom, Wilder/Cerise, Drina, Isis, Ariana, Lysandra, Miranda, Eve

Does it have to be a real name? Male or female? I thought of Mercutio, Mercury, or Merrik, but it would be pretty easy to make up some names to go with Murky

teenberry -- writer -- drama kid
    Current crushes (constantly changing):
    Girls: Thea, Aurelia, Rosalind, Rose, Rowena, Helena, Hermione, Carys, Clio, Cassia, Viola, Lily, Lila, Lucy, Seren, Maia, Mirabel.
    Boys: Miles, James, Jasper, Jude, Graham, Arthur, Oliver, Leo, Lewis, Wesley, Rory, Rowan, Caspian, Silas, Sebastian.

Thanks guys, great suggestions

@spacecow1993: No it doesn't have to be a real name, I'm just not very good at making up names that sound good so, any suggestions are welcome. Either gender is fine because I have no particular character in mind, sometimes it's easiest to start from the name and work from there. Love your suggestions, especially Mercutio, very fantasy, though I can see Mercury working on a boy in our own world, an interesting name to make a main character stand out.

@happiness_harper1: Thanks, I like the idea of making a regular easy to spell/remember name stand out with an unusual nickname. The kind of thing I'd like to do for my own child one day. Great for a main character!

@eleven: I Love Myrtle for this idea! Thank you so much I think this is the one I'm going to use! I actually thought of Miranda after I posted this (great minds think alike) but I discarded it because if you have a beautiful name like Miranda people don't feel the need to give you a nickname if you know what I mean. However an off-beat/wonky/old lady name like Myrtle on a young girl now, it's out of fashion and a lot of people aren't used to it, meaning it inspires nicknaming. Also I've never heard of Mirka before, very cool, thank you for introducing me to a new name
    Wonder Child
    17 year old wannabe writer with a name obsession
    Flint, Roth, Solo, Ade, Roan, Thane, Ransom, Wilder/Cerise, Drina, Isis, Ariana, Lysandra, Miranda, Eve