Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

threatened miscarriage?

I just got back from the er after having some cramping and spotting, well they did an ultrasound and the dr said my placenta has some bleeding or blood around it. Then he said its a threatened miscarriage. Has anyone else dealt with this. I'm terrified right now. They said the baby was healthy looking and is measuring about 14 weeks. This is my third pregnancy and ive never has anything like this.

Hi Hootowl.
    I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending out strong thoughts for you.
    I have heard that oftentimes placental bleeds will spontaneously resolve themselves. Might be a good idea to get lots of rest, avoid heavy lifting and intercourse? and eat iron-rich foods. Sounds like the doctor didn't give you much to go on... ER doctors always seem to have enough broad knowledge to handle emergencies, but don't tend to be great with subtler problems. Can you get in touch with your obgyn?

I am so sorry Hootowl. I would say definitely, definitely put yourself on complete abdominal rest (no sex) and stay horizontal as much as you possibly can. When I had spotting early on, my doctor put me on two weeks bedrest and it did seem to help. Drink lots of water too, hydrating is important. Besides that, there's not much you can do. Try to think as positive as you can, as the pp said, a lot of bleeds resolve themselves and the mom's still go on to have healthy babies. Please keep us posted! I also say call your OB and get in there first thing Monday morning.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Thanks no they didnt give me really anything to go on. I just moved so I don't have an ob here yet and my other one is thousands of miles away. I guess im just worried because they wouldn't let me see the ultrasound or anything. They said its policy but it doesnt make any sense to me. All I got to know was that everything with the baby looks good. And that he/she was moving a lot.they also gave me antibiotics for a uti but I dont want to hurt the baby.

There are antibiotics that are safe to take while pregnant - and it could actually be more dangerous to the baby to leave a UTI untreated. So which antibiotic did they give you? The pharmacist will also be able to tell you if it's ok to take it. And on Monday, you'll need to find a new OB right away. Hopefully everything will be feeling better by then too - but please don't let the UTI just go untreated!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!