Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Annalise, Aurelia, Clara, Gemma & Ravenna are my favorites of your awesome list!

Thanks everyone! I really, really appreciate all of the input!

In response to a few comments:
    *Bryndis (brin-DEES) is Scandinavian, and my Husband's family is from Norway, so I thought it might be a nice nod to his family's heritage to choose something Scandanavian. It's not much to look at, and I always dismissed it because of that, but one day I said it out loud with our surname (which is Norwegian) and it sounded nice, like they went together. And it means "Armoured Goddess," which in and of itself is kind of badass.
    *I like both pronunciations of Cassia, but I think I slightly prefer the CASS-ee-uh pronunciation over the CASH-uh or CASH-yuh pronunciations. Primarily because I think CASS-ee-uh flows better with our one-syllable surname.
    *Same with Jessenia, I like both the phonetic and the legitimate pronunciations (i.e. both JESS-en-ee-uh and YESS-en-ee-uh). But I agree that I should probably go with the legitimate 'yess-en-ee-uh' pronunciation, and because we are not Spanish or Middle Eastern, it might seem a bit off. Which is unfortunate, because I really love it.
    *Lucelia was actually a name I saw in my family tree from the late-19th century. It's totally frilly but I love it, and love that it has a family connection for us (even if I've never met her).
    *Nivea is a brand of skin creams, and for that reason I almost bumped it off my list. BUT, I really love it, it's Latin and means "Snow" which I adore. Plus, I first read the name in one of my all-time favorite books, "The House of the Spirits" by Isabel Allende, so I fell in love with it before realizing that it was the name of a popular lotion/make-up company. But I think the brand association is too strong to consider using. Ruined a perfectly good name. :/
    *I'd never heard of Ginevra being spelled Genevra, but I do like the look and sound of it. It does have a softer sound, and the prevalence of "gin" right at the beginning did give me pause, so that would take care of it. I might change it!
    Last edited by michappelia; July 21st, 2013 at 12:36 AM.
    Nicole, Mom to Josiah Michael & Daphne Coppelia
    Aurelia, Britannia, Coppélia, Daphne, Elena, Francesca, Kerensa, Lucelia, Parisa, Scarlet
    Avram, Cullen, Ditrik, Henrik, Ephraim, James, Rhys, Tristan, Truett, Wyatt

I like Annelise (prefer Anneliese though), Ava, Fiona, Francesca, Katerina, Madeleine, Marceline, Nora, and Ramona.

I'm no help, I keep most of the list. lol

Annelise- prefer Anneliese spelling
    Aurelia
    Ava
    Cassia
    Catherine
    Clara
    Elena
    Fiona
    Francesca
    Georgiana
    Ginevra
    Jessamine
    Josephine
    Katerina
    Kerensa
    Madalena (mad-a-LAY-na)- ? prefer Magdalena
    Madeleine
    Natalia
    Ramona
    Ravenna
    Theone (THEE-o-ne)
    Valencia
    Valerie
    Vashti
    Verity
    Vittoria- prefer Victoria spelling
    Vivienne
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

Considering:
    Jane✨Fiona✨Thea✨Alice✨Evangeline✨Bridget ✨Gwyneth
    Oren✨Lars✨Bram✨Griffin✨Jude✨Nolan✨Kier an✨Otis