Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love Marilla -- more than Mariel w/ Phoebe. I love the meaning "shining sea" according to nameberry. Phoebe Mariel looks too vowel-heavy to me (you know me and my weirdo comments!)

I just clicked Marilla's NB entry and noted that it is a variant of Amaryllis and that has Mary right in it for your honoring.... Do you like Amaryllis at all? It's a name I've always been enchanted by actually. Remember when I liked Olive Amaryllis? (Neither Miss Lucille nor Miss Coraline are an "Olive" by the way!) Phoebe Amaryllis sounds really cool to me.

Hollis - I don't see it as unisex personally because I've never known a female Hollis, but I agree with the others that it feels a little more old fashioned or stuffy than your girl names. I think Archer and Jude work best with peppy and pretty Eliza, Gwendolen, and Phoebe. As you know, I feel like Toby is too nicknamey, but I do like the nickname. Tobias is too heavy with those girls names so I see where a stand-alone Toby works, but it feels too childish to me.

A 3rd brother to go along with Eliza, Gwendolen, Phoebe, Archer, and Jude would be .... Milo (or Miles), West, Maxwell, Silas, or Reid
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

Last edited by kyemsma; July 25th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Anna Juliet, Caroline Pearl & James Frederick; Claire Elizabeth, Maeve Josephine & Liam David

I actually like Hollis on a boy a lot. I've never heard the name on anyone before, but i did once know a man called Hollist, which was a family surname.

I like Phoebe Mariel better than Phobe Marilla, but Phoebe Amaryllis, as suggested above, is also gorgeous
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I think I may have been talked out of Hollis as a first name - the comment about Merrill and Ernestine is haunting me. ;-)

I don't want such an overt nature name with Wren and Iris, so I hesitate with Juniper, Marigold, and Amaryllis. I continue to like Marilla's subtle nature vibe, but Mariel is so much more popular it seems! I'm not sure why I like Phoebe Marilla so much. I've already been told it sounds like Manila and gorilla. Ha.

I like Miles and Milo (was Archer's potential MN). Which do we prefer? I'm kind of interested in Silas or Cyrus, too! Archer, Silas, and Jude are pretty neat together, yea? More ideas?
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Oh...sorry, I forgot you had Iris in for the middle already. Yes, you don't want Amaryllis then.

I think I like Miles better for you. Silas over Cyrus. Did I mention I also like Holden w/ the set?
    More ideas... hmm... you know I am clueless on boys names.

Eliza, Gwendolen, Phoebe, Archer, Jude &

Kenneth
    Frederick
    Brent
    Thomas
    Simon
    Lance
    Charles
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~