Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naming this little man is stressful!

I grew up loving names. I used to write stories when I was younger just so I could come up with fun and unique names for the characters. When my friends starting having children, I was always the first to ask them what names they were considering and loved giving them suggestions. Now that my husband and I are expecting our first, a boy, I find that I am getting so stressed out when it comes to choosing a name. Part of it is that we have somewhat opposite taste in names. He goes for the more traditional names while I tend to like names that are a bit more unique. I don't want my child to be teased but I also don't want him to be one of five boys in his class with the same name. I also fear that even if we have a name picked out for the little man, once he is here, I'm going to look at him and think "oh no, you're not a _____" and then we'll have to start all over and leave the hospital with an unnamed child. Perhaps my pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me - they are completely out of control - but I am really starting to go into panic mode at the thought of choosing a name.

As it stands, the names on my husband's list include Everett, Elliott, Thomas and Timothy. The names on my list are Beckett, Augustus (nn Gus), and Dylan. We both have okay feelings towards Sawyer and Gavin. I didn't realize until I did some poking around on this site that several of these names are some of the highest rising in popularity right now - arg. BTW - the middle name is nonnegotiable and will be Lawrence, after my dad.

I am open to any and all suggestions from all you berries. This site seems fabulous and a lot more constructive and kind than some of the other boards that I have come across in "the great name search of 2013." Thanks!
    Expecting our first - a boy! - 11/12/13
    Stuck on names. Considering Beckett, Sawyer, Augustus, Gavin and open to all ideas. Naming a baby is stressful!

I'm expecting my first in early December, and naming is stressful! I have very different tastes than my boyfriend as well and it can be very frustrating.

I really like Sawyer, as well as Elliot, and like the way that they both sound with Lawrence.

Let us know what you choose!

I like both Thomas and Augustus the most from both lists.
    Gavin is also great, but I have met a lot of young Gavins!

Thomas Lawrence
    Augustus Lawrence - this one sounds best!

Maybe you can convince your husband with a difference nickname for Augustus (He could obviously also go by Gus)
    What about Ace? Augo?

Good luck!
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

Congrats on your little man! My first thought when I read your post was Elliott. Elliott Lawrence sounds regal and makes me swoon.

Quote Originally Posted by monicamac View Post
    I grew up loving names. I used to write stories when I was younger just so I could come up with fun and unique names for the characters. When my friends starting having children, I was always the first to ask them what names they were considering and loved giving them suggestions. Now that my husband and I are expecting our first, a boy, I find that I am getting so stressed out when it comes to choosing a name. Part of it is that we have somewhat opposite taste in names. He goes for the more traditional names while I tend to like names that are a bit more unique. I don't want my child to be teased but I also don't want him to be one of five boys in his class with the same name. I also fear that even if we have a name picked out for the little man, once he is here, I'm going to look at him and think "oh no, you're not a _____" and then we'll have to start all over and leave the hospital with an unnamed child. Perhaps my pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me - they are completely out of control - but I am really starting to go into panic mode at the thought of choosing a name.

As it stands, the names on my husband's list include Everett, Elliott, Thomas and Timothy. The names on my list are Beckett, Augustus (nn Gus), and Dylan. We both have okay feelings towards Sawyer and Gavin. I didn't realize until I did some poking around on this site that several of these names are some of the highest rising in popularity right now - arg. BTW - the middle name is nonnegotiable and will be Lawrence, after my dad.

I am open to any and all suggestions from all you berries. This site seems fabulous and a lot more constructive and kind than some of the other boards that I have come across in "the great name search of 2013." Thanks!
    Hmm...
    My thoughts on his names:
    Everett this name is actually really handsome. He sounds so masculine and works really well with Lawrence.
    Elliott hmm, I've never really liked this choice. In all honesty I find Elliott too soft and weak. Almost nerdy and not in a good way maybe this is because of association.
    Thomas a lovely strong choice. I think Thomas sounds very handsome and I love the nickname Tom as well. Thomas is a fantastic choice.
    Timothy ah a lovely handsome choice, Timothy sounds so classical and handsome. I adore Timothy!!

My thoughts on your names:
    Beckett's a very handsome choice, I think Beckett looks brilliant and has a lovely sound. Beckett is a brilliant choice.
    Augustus is a lovely name, very classy and has a brilliant wholesome sound. I also adore Gus as a nickname, he's just such a brilliant choice, and works so well. I think Augustus is perfect especially with Lawrence so classy.
    Dylan is a brilliant choice, he sounds so rocky and cool. I think Dylan is very handsome, and sounds jazzy as well.

The 'okay' names:
    Sawyer another handsome choice, I do generally like Sawyer he has the same feel as Dylan for me.
    Gavin ugh I've always hated Gavin, for me he's really unattractive