Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amelia predictions -- do you think it will keep getting more popular? top ten?

My husband and I loooove Amelia (nickname "Lia")- our only concern is whether it will continue to get more popular. It's currently #23 on the SSA list but I know that's not necessarily a perfect data point since name popularity can vary so much based on region. We live in DC and hear Amelia every once in a while but constantly.

We're worried that it will just keep climbing and we'll end up with a Sophia/Isabella situation. What do people think? Do you know a ton of little Amelia's?

It is also my favorite name and I plan to use it my Amelias nickname will be Mia.
    I have your same concerns though. It does seem like as the years go on it gets more popular. I am hoping tho that it will either stay where it is or go down in popularity.

I don't think I know of any Amelias around here, but I live in the midwest and so may not be much help. If it makes you feel better, only 7,191 girls were given the name Amelia in 2012 (in the US) despite its high ranking.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I am in the North East and there are about 3 Amelias in our local elementary school (of about 200 students). It is #1 in England and Wales, I think it is going to continue to rise in the U.S...

I only know 1 baby named Amelia who is only 2 weeks old or so. I do think it's going to keep rising though and I can definitely see it breaking top 10.
    - Favorites -
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Rainbow Baby Due June 2, 2015 -